Intercorp’s environmental brokerage staff relies on a core group of carriers and a wider range of specialty companies to find the right combination of coverages, terms, and limits to fit almost any environmental insurance need.
- Pollution Legal Liability, also known as Environmental Impairment Liability—coverage for fixed sites, such as manufacturing facilities, shopping centers, industrial parks, golf courses, hazardous material distributors
- Package Policies for Environmental Contractors and Consultants – one policy with one company combines General Liability, Professional Liability, and Pollution Liability. A good way to avoid gaps that can occur from differing company coverage forms
- Ag Environmental –focusing on the special needs of the agricultural sector. Feedlots, crop sprayers, fuel lines, and waste disposal are among the exposures that make farmers and farm-related risks prime candidates for environmental insurance
- Contractors Pollution Liability – monoline coverage for only the pollution exposure of contractors – excavators, painters, HVAC contractors, landscapers, demolition contractors
- Dry Cleaners Pollution Liability
- Storage Tank Liability
Is there a minimum premium for a pollution policy?
For site pollution policies, premiums can vary greatly, depending on the size of the site, the operations that are being maintained on the site, historical usage, and limits of liability needed.
For contractor pollution or combination policies, some of the same qualifiers—such as the nature of operations, size of operation—are factors. But premiums here can be as low as $2,500 for a $1,000,000 limit for smaller accounts.
What limits of liability are recommended?
There is no ironclad rule, but most purchasers of environmental liability insurance look for $1,000,000 limits. We have market access up to $10 million limits, and excess limits over that if needed.
What is the turnaround time on quotes?
Once a completed application has been received, we often are able to provide an indication or quote in less than 48 hours, at least for the more straightforward types of accounts. Complex accounts require more underwriting consideration and therefore take longer.
Where can applications be obtained?
Can we obtain proposals from another company’s application?
Yes, many of our underwriters are able to provide indications and sometimes even full quotations from another carrier’s application, especially if it is a full application with adequate supporting information.
What sets Intercorp apart from other brokerage firms that handle environmental coverages?
Intercorp has been active in the environmental insurance arena for more than 20 years. In the mid-1990s, we developed the first pollution liability insurance program for dry cleaners and continued to expand into other environmental areas. So our knowledge runs deep. Second, we have built relationships with the environmental insurance providers, and we know each carrier’s strength and appetite. We also monitor new entrants into these markets to maintain a competitive posture for our agents and insureds. And finally, we understand the need for speed. Quick turnarounds and prompt responses are the norms when you work with Intercorp.