Intercorp was a pioneer in developing affordable site pollution insurance from quality carriers, starting back in the 1990s. Our unmatched experience in underwriting this class of business places us at the forefront of the "hot-button" issues for dry cleaners. We can quickly access the right coverage available in the marketplace for dry cleaner pollution risks.
Coverages - Site Pollution Policy
- On-site and off-site cleanup costs
- Third party bodily injury and property damage liability including a reduction in fair market property values and loss of rental income
- Defense costs
- Coverage for landlords, property managers, and equipment lessors as additional insureds that meets contractual requirements
Dry cleaner site pollution policies are written on a claims-made basis, so claims must be reported during the policy period. Optional features of these policies include:
- Limits from $500,000 to $5,000,000
- Two- and three-year policies are available in addition to the normal annual policy term
- Multiple locations including drop off stores may be covered on a single policy
- Optionally extended reporting periods are available to provide protection after a store is sold
Are you able to provide coverage for facilities using all types of solvents?
Yes, the policies cover everything from perchloroethylene in its various forms to petroleum-based solvents to the newer silicon-based or “green” solvents.
Is Pollution Liability covered under my General Liability policy?
Pollution liability is typically excluded from a General Liability policy and must be purchased separately.
In what states is this coverage available?
Coverage is available in all 50 states.
As a landlord property owner, what is my exposure?
The exposure to you as a property owner is any pollutants or contamination deemed to come from your property may result in costly cleanup and defense costs.
How do I obtain a quote for this coverage?
Please contact us for an application by emailing email@example.com or giving us a call at 800.640.7601.