Intercorp, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Intercorp”), is a member of the financial services industry. As such, our agency is subject to federal and state privacy laws regarding the collection and exchange of your information.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who must use that information to provide our products or services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
- We only share information necessary to provide you with an accurate quote or to meet your transaction needs.
Information Provided by You
Intercorp collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. We collect this information from the following sources:
- Applications, surveys, or other forms provided by you by telephone, fax, or online. This information may include but is not limited to your name, social security number, address and date of birth.
- Information concerning your transactions with us including—but not limited to—your claims and payment history.
- Consumer Reports and State information which may be received from consumer-reporting agencies or a state agency. This information may include—but is not limited to—your driving record, claims history reports, or insurance score reports. We will disclose Consumer Reports and State information only as necessary to quote or service your insurance and as permitted or required by law. We will only share information as necessary to transact insurance with our insurance carrier.
Nonconfidential Information Submitted by You
Any general or non-personal information provided by you, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments or suggestions or the like, shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
Parties to Whom We May Disclose Information
We only disclose your personal information as necessary where permitted or required by law. These situations include but are not limited to the following:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with usual and customary services provided by an independent agent. Such services and processes include but are not limited to underwriting, placement, rating, and providing quotes for insurance that is requested through our agency.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information required by individual or entities who are assessing our legal compliance or where required by law.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities.
For each visitor to our web page, our web server automatically recognizes only the IP address, names and the email address (where possible). We collect only:
- The IP address.
- The email addresses of those who communicate with us via email.
- Aggregate information on what pages web users visit.
- Information volunteered by the web user, such as quote requests, survey information and/or site registrations.
The online data that we collect is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. All information that we collect will be used to:
- Provide insurance proposals requested by users, based on the information they have supplied.
- Maintain communication with current or prospective customers in order to provide information on new products, services, or upcoming events.
- Improve the content of our web page and notify users about updates to our site.
Correcting Information Provided
If, at any time, you wish to change any information that was given to us, you can contact Intercorp by writing, telephoning, faxing, or emailing us.
Mailing Address: 1438-F West Main Street
Ephrata, PA 17522-1345
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern time, Monday thru Friday (except holidays)
We have taken reasonable security measures to help ensure that your data, if submitted to the web site, is secure, so that a third party cannot read or access the information. The lock icon in the bottom bar of your browser shows that you are using a secure connection. However, due to the open nature of the Internet, Intercorp cannot guarantee that any information it receives will be free from unauthorized access during the transmission to or from Intercorp.
We limit internal access to our servers and require that Intercorp employees and representatives adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs and conducting business. We restrict access to Nonpublic Personal Information about you to those who must use that information to provide our products or services to you. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulation to guard your Nonpublic Personal Information.
Intercorp makes no representation about the suitability of this site for any purpose. All content is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind. Intercorp hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the content, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Intercorp be liable for any special, indirect, exemplary or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of use, data, or profits, without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to contract, any negligence, or other tortuous actions, arising out of or in connection with the use, copying or display of the content. Although Intercorp believes the content to be accurate, complete, and current, we make no warranty to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the content. It is your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it. The content of the site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. From time to time changes are made to the content herein. Intercorp may make any changes in the products and/or services described herein at any time.
Links to Other Sites
Some of the sites listed as links herein are not under the control of Intercorp. Accordingly, Intercorp makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of those sites. The fact that Intercorp has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation by Intercorp with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. Intercorp has not tested any information, software, or products found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representation whatsoever with respect thereto. There are risks in using any information, software or products found on the Internet, and Intercorp cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon or purchasing anything via the Internet.
Coverage will vary by state and by insurance company. Coverages offered under the programs are controlled by the policies issued and are not modified, extended, or revised by the descriptions contained herein. The web site is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. All policies are subject to policy terms, conditions, exclusions, company underwriting guidelines and approval. Please read the specific provisions in the applicable policy.