All programs on this site are open to independent insurance agents. Intercorp welcomes submissions from agents and brokers on behalf of their clients for consideration for coverage under our programs. There are no volume requirements.
Signing up to do business with Intercorp is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Complete our broker agreement form which outlines the terms of our relationship. (click here to complete online or download a copy.)
- Provide copies of your licenses in the jurisdictions in which you plan to place business with us.
- Provide proof of errors & omissions insurance (a certificate of insurance or copy of a declarations page) with a minimum limit of $1,000,000.
We can provide quotations without these items (for those inevitable rush situations) However, all documents must be received and approved before coverage can be bound.
For more information about doing business with Intercorp, click on our Frequently Asked Questions for Agents & Brokers. For details about our available programs, click here.
Extend the reach and resources of your staff by partnering with Intercorp for your specialty insurance needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What commissions does Intercorp pay?
- In what states are your programs written?
- What types of applications are required?
- Are there any volume requirements for new agents?
- Do I need to fill out an application or sign an agreement to work with Intercorp?
- Does Intercorp direct bill insureds?
- Does Intercorp offer financing?
- Do I report claims to Intercorp?
- May we issue certificates of insurance?
- What is the time frame for quoting and binding policies?
- Are your programs written with admitted or non-admitted companies?
- Does Intercorp handle the surplus lines filings?
1.What commissions does Intercorp pay?
Commission rates vary by program. We will endeavor to specify the commission on all quotes. If the commission is not shown, or if you have a question about it, please feel free to contact us.
2.In what states are your programs written?
Most of our programs are available in all 50 states. Please refer to the details on each program for any territorial restrictions.
3.What type of applications are required?
Applications are available on this website for most program business. For individual brokerage accounts (for example, environmental liability that is not part of a program) we will advise what applications, loss history, and financial information are required. A quick email inquiry (email@example.com) with a brief description of the account will generate a prompt return email with the required forms and any other requirements.
4.Are there any volume requirements for new agents?
No. We hope that our products and service will lead you to place your business with us, whether you write one or a hundred of our target accounts. Our goal is to provide fast, friendly service to all of our agency partners, and build long-term relationships that help our agents write more business.
5.Do I need to fill out an application or sign an agreement to work with Intercorp?
We do not require a time consuming contract or “survey” be completed. We do require the following:
- Complete our broker agreement with required signature. (Download a copy here)
- Send us a copy of your broker/producer license (you must be licensed in the jurisdiction where your insured is located).
- Send us proof of your errors & omissions insurance (policy declaration page or certificate of insurance), with a minimum limit of $1,000,000.
Procedures for placement and payment of are those generally practiced in the wholesale insurance community. We encourage you to ask any specific question you may have before coverage placement. Intercorp reserves the right to decline submissions from agencies that fail to comply with our underwriting, submission, or payment policies.
6.Does Intercorp direct bill insureds?
Generally, no. When working with agents, we require payment from the agency. Each transaction will be individually billed to the agent, less agency commission. If other arrangements need to be made, you should advise us of this before coverage is bound.
7.Does Intercorp offer financing?
Yes, Intercorp can offer financing on most accounts through a premium finance company, or you can arrange for premium financing on your own.
8.Do I report claims to Intercorp?
Yes. While insureds must follow the claims reporting requirements as outlined in the policy, all claims on Intercorp program business should be reported to us as well.
9.May we issue certificates of insurance?
Certificates may be issued in accordance with the following information.
10.What is the time frame for quoting and binding policies?
The quotation and binding process varies with the complexity of the program and the requirements of the insurance carrier. On certain programs and certain types of accounts, we are able to quote, bind, and issue within the same day, when the application is complete and all information is submitted. Other programs and more complex accounts require more time. In either case, you will be kept informed at all stages of the quoting process. We know you expect outstanding service—prompt, reliable, and efficient—from Intercorp, and it is our goal to exceed your expectations.
11.Are your programs written with admitted or non-admitted companies?
Each of our programs is set up to utilize the best structure available. Coverage may be offered through admitted or non-admitted companies in order to meet the needs of our mutual clients requiring solutions not readily available in the general marketplace.
12.Does Intercorp handle surplus lines filings?
Yes, we are licensed to handle surplus lines filings in all 50 states. As the retail agent, you will need to comply with any due diligence requirements, but we are authorized to collect and file the taxes and forms.